Exhibits are featured displays located and accessible from the home page of the POBA website. As a curated site, POBA encourages members to participate in creating compelling and interesting exhibitions in a range of art forms. There are four types of digital exhibits:
- POBA Selects – These exhibits are drawn by POBA from the images in the portfolios which members make public. These “selects” cover subjects and art forms which POBA deems of interest to visitors and members alike.
- Partner Selects – POBA has partnerships with many diverse organizations and groups working a in a variety of artistic media. Our partners identify artists to be featured on POBA and work with us to create interesting displays
- Member Selects – POBA members recommend to us artworks they have viewed on the POBA site, and from members’ choices, POBA will organize one of more exhibits.
- Featured Exhibits – In these exhibits, POBA’s expert review committee invites members to submit materials to meet specific criteria (e.g. subject matter, themes, specific genres, periods, new techniques, or any other criteria) that will change from time to time. An online competition is held, and the winners are exhibited and publicized by POBA
Visitors and the general public can also participate in shaping great exhibits on POBA in two ways:
- Nominate A Great – You can recommend exceptional artists who work was not fully recognized during their lifetime. Click here to make your nominations!
- Join Us – and become part of the community that selects POBA exhibits! Click here to join us!